Today work was really great. I did a little framing, sent off for a bid for some new furniture, e-mailed, made phone calls, found the Radiology certificates, drove the truck and dropped off a framed picture to the Dental office, and I got a TB test. I got an e-mail telling me that all VA employees need to get a TB test once a year and that I didn't have one. So off I went to Employee health and got the test. I have to go back on Wed to get it checked. I got to sit in their new phlebotomy chair, like the one I ordered for Nuc Med a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty cool.
Also, in an effort to make the Gospel and scriptures a bigger part of my life, I decided that 'No Doubt About It" by Sheri Dew is the next book I am going to read. I have started reading it several times but never been able to finish it. So I started it again today. I always read on my lunch break. So far, so good. She is a great writer and speaker.
Here are some quotes that stuck out to me today:
"President Gordon B. Hinckley expressed... You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And that good that is in you must be spread to others."
"Every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing, nevertheless they give up their lives to that little or nothing. One life is all we have, and we live it as we believe in living it, and then it is gone. (Joan of Lorraine, act 2)"
"...See that ye fall not out by the way" (Genesis 45:24)
"It is in moments of disappointment, heartache, and loneliness that we often make the decisions that forge our faith, mold our character, and fortify our convictions about the only source of strength and solace that satisfies. And that is Jesus Christ. How do we know if we are honest, unless our honesty is put to the test? How do we know if we are filled with virtue, unless there are opportunities to choose a non-virtuous path that we then resist? How do we know if we can bear up under challenge and trial, unless we have challenge and trial, and taste the pure sweetness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, meaning specifically the power and peace of the atonement of Jesus Christ, unless there are time in our lives when we desperately need and seek that peace and power?"
No comments:
Post a Comment