Well Friday I was able to borrow the car so I drove myself to work. I actually don't mind driving to work, at that time in the morning the traffic is light so it's fine. Also, my Boss and I went to the Henriksen Butler showroom and I ran into a girl that I was a Sophomore with last time! Such a small world!! It was great to see her. We were there picking finishes and fabric for furniture to go into the new building which could be finished by October! Sweetness! I can't wait to see it all completed!
After work I made a pitstop at IKEA! It was awesome! I got some super cute kitchen stuff at great prices and even managed to get a cute orange blanket! Orange makes me happy. ^_^
After that I continued on my way to Provo. If I was a little more familiar with Provo I would have gotten off at the University Pkwy exit and found my way from there... but instead I was directed to Center St in Provo.... O_o traffic was terrible. Super frustrating but I survived and made my way to my friend's apt. I brought my stuff in and then we looked through my Malaysian cookbook and decided what we wanted to make. Then we went out and got gyros for dinner. Delicious. After a Wal*Mart run we picked up garlic, ginger, chilies, meat, eggs etc. On the way home we picked up a couple of Cannolis. After we made it back we made the dough for Murtabak and then went swimming! Her apt has a pool and a hot tub so we took advantage of it. We had it to ourselves! It was awesome. The hot tub was especially nice!
Then we went back, changed in PJ's and then made the rest of the Murtabak. Beef, garlic, ginger, green onions, cumin, chili powder, two finger length chilis... oh man it smelled soo SPICEY!
Then we talked 'till the wee hours of the morning. It was awesome.
The next morning we slept in then had the Murtabak for breakfast. They were DELICIOUS! Then we took our time getting ready and chatting then off to lunch with our friend. We had to go to two different Indian restaurants because the first one didn't open until 4pm or something. Afterwards I took Erin to work and took a trip to the distribution center to get a travel size Book of Mormon, the last General Conference edition of the Liahona in Bahasa Indon, and some more Articles of Faith cards in Indon. Then I got a hold of my cousin and went over to his place for a while. I met his roommates, we talked about mission stories and I got my 'PORTAL 14' sign back. I love signs! This one has traveled from Utah to the UK, to Alabama, and back to Utah. Awesome!
Then I went back to the MTC, met up with Matt and volunteered at the teaching appt. It was so fun! My Malay was pretty good... although my English was failing me in the end haha!
Then I took Erin to 5 Guys and Some Fries for dinner. We conquered those burgers and ate a whole 'regluar' fries. I got the bacon cheeseburger of course - with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and BBQ sauce. Delicious again! ...then we walked around the University Mall to help feel better about downing the fries too. Looked at cute clothes, went into Bath and Body Works and smelled all the candles, and critiqued engagement rings - no I'm not looking for one, but I like a certain couple of styles so it's always fun to look. What can I say? Diamonds are my birthstone after all. Although probably my favorite piece of jewelry I saw was a flower pendent with pink sapphires for the petals.
Then we made a quick Wal*Mart run again since we were right there, to check on movies on sale. There were tons on sale so we each bought a couple. Then we went back to her place, made chocolate chip cookies and ended the night by watching Inkheart. We first saw a billboard ad for it in KL so we though it would be fitting to watch it. I thought it was very interesting. Glad we watched it.
Sunday we slept in a bit, then got up and got ready for church. I went to church with her and then had a quick dinner and drove home. The weather was beautiful, such a nice drive.
Work is going well this week. Things are getting done! The rooms that were cleared our on Friday, were painted yesterday, and tomorrow are getting recarpeted. Then hopefully the end of this week will have the furniture put in and we will be finished! The big room which was part of the project I got on my first day, finally got patched today. My Boss and I picked the paint and base colors so that is moving right along as well. Fantastic! Also I am still working on designing a couple of privacy screens for two different reception areas. Tomorrow I'm going to try and make a 3D model in AutoCAD. ^_^ SO FUN!
Today I had a great quote from 'No Doubt About It':
'No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not His character. He is an unchangeable being; the same yesterday, the same today, and He will be the same throughout the eternal ages to come....We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments' - President George Q. Cannon
No comments:
Post a Comment