Sunday, August 29, 2010

LOGAN!

So I haven't been very good at updating my blog lately, I have been super busy.

One neat experience at work I forgot to post was, I was sitting in the main lobby doing a quick sketch of the furniture floor plan so I could go draw it up in CAD later, when a Veteran came up to me and said "I want to shake your hand, thank you for all you do for us Veterans". I was really touched, and definitely felt unworthy of the compliment. I said thank you for all you have done for us, and he said that he would go back and do it all again. That was definitely a highlight of my week.

My last week of work was really good. My two offices I have been remodeling are done, minus a tack board and a flipper door that are back at ASI's warehouse to be recovered. But they turned out great, I got all matching Haworth product for the desk and storage, then had the flipper doors and tack boards recovered. Awesome!

Also got really close to finishing off the Privacy screens I have been designing with the help of the local 3-form rep. I LOVE 3-FORM! (Just had to get that out there) I hope that we get the funding and things to be able to order it. Oh that reminds me, the furniture orders I put together are on hold until next fiscal year, so maybe in October we can order them.

I loved working at the VA over the summer! I got to pick paint colors and furniture, learned how the systems furniture works and planned a bunch of offices and spaces to accommodate more employees. I got to call vendors and contractors to give us quotes and then follow through with some little projects. I learned how our metal frames work, cut plexiglass and replaced frames, ordered phlebotomy chairs and other medical equipment, I went on a road trip to the Henriksen Butler showroom to help Paula pick out materials and chairs for the new Mental Health Out Patient building, and on a road trip to ASI's warehouse to pick out fabric.

Always lots to do!

Last week I drove to work on Friday and then I dropped off a frame for Alpine Art Inc to fix for us. The I drove down to Payson. After dinner and making dessert with my cousin, we went to a wedding reception in Orem. It was of one of the Assistants to the President so I saw a bunch of Elders that I served with. It was fun. Super crowded and a little awkward, but overall a good time :) The next day I went to school with my cousin and got to help her out with her class. Then I had lunch with an Elder I served with and his roommate, then a quick shopping spree to Burlington coat factory. Where  I got some awesome things. I love my little side table, which of course Bright orange! -although you would never know I wasn't working because I kept getting calls from vendors. It was cool though. Thursday I made sure things got done and Friday I compiled everything I had done, and made notes of what yet had to be done.

My last day was kinda sad. Just wrapping everything up. But my boss took me to lunch at this awesome trendy Asian place called Sapa. It is really awesome from an Interior Design stand point. And the food was pretty good ^_^ Then when we got back I had to go around the campus and get signed out basically. I was sad to have to give up my badge, but what to do?

Friday night, traffic was horrific, and then it was super windy and rainy. I was happy to be driving the van! Then when I got home, I ran down stairs grabbed my bag and then my brother and I went over to our Grandparent's house. We had a family BBQ because our cousin is going to the MTC next week.

I spent the night there then was able to go to the Ogden Temple to do sealings. I went with my Grandparents, Aunt and cousins. It was really nice. Then we all went up to Maddox for lunch. YUM! I got their homemade Cream Soda = fantastic. Then I moved up to Logan!

It has been a full week, but a great one. I am looking forward to classes starting tomorrow and to finally move forward with my major. ^_^

No comments: