Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

Today I had a great time at work. In the morning I got to meet with the 3-Form rep for Salt Lake. I am working on a privacy screen project for two spaces and wanted to explore my options with 3-Form. Also they have a super great product called 'Gecko' where you just apply it to glass and it stays. But it's not a sticker, if you remove it there's not any adhesive. I was super impressed, and might be able to use it.

 Another highlight today was going into the construction site of the new building. My boss was busy so I got to wear her Pink hard hat and go check on the paint. They had put them all side by side in a room so we didn't have to walk everywhere to see them. The colors looked great but they were all in a semi-gloss finish.. which isn't what we wanted. So my boss got to chat with them about that.

I got to switch out a chair, hang a picture, got the furniture quote for the N. Star order, called some vendors to schedule a few things for next week... also I got to do some consolidation in our office and found a place to move a bunch of the binders from one side of the office to another so we can make room for the Interior Design area which has to be created. It's quite the task but I try to work on it a little every day. Hopefully by the time I head back to school I will have made some major progress there, we'll see.

At lunch I read some more of 'No Doubt About It' by Sheri Dew

Here's today's quotes:

"President Gordon B. Hinckley has said that 'if there is any one thing you and I need... it is faith....To have faith in Christ is to believe in Him, follow Him, and rely on Him. And it is to be blessed with the peace of conscience and mind that the Apostle Paul spoke of when he said, 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me' (Philippians 4:123)"

"I work as hard as I can,  and I do my best to be obedient so that the Lord knows I am mindful of Him. Then I have the faith that He will make up the difference between what I am able to do, and what I am not able to do. And He does."

"Is it possible to be happy when life is hard? Can we feel peace amid uncertainty, or hope in the midst of cynicism? Is it possible to change, to shake off old habits and become new again? Is it possible to live with integrity and purity in a world that no longer values the virtues that distinguish the followers of Christ?
  Yes. The answer is an unqualified yes because of Jesus Christ, whose Atonement and Light ensure that we need not bear the burdens or the darkness of mortality alone....'whatever Jesus lays His hands upon lives. If Jesus lays His hands upon a marriage, it lives. If He is allowed to lay His hands on the family, it lives....The Savior will do for each of us what He has promised to do- if we will have faith in Him and receive His gift."

"I take prophets at their word. And our prophet believes in us. He believes in our spiritual strength and our resilience, in our faith as well as our faithfulness. Regardless of your marital status, your age, or the language you speak, you are a beloved spirit daughter of Heavenly Father who is destined to play a critical part in the onward movement of the gospel ..."

No comments: