Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Already!?

Well the rest of the week went by fast as usual. It's been pretty hot. I like it that way :) They predicted rain for us but I didn't see as much as they were saying would come.

Highlights from the work week were: picking chairs for N.Star clinic, organizing some fabric samples and picking the fabric or the back of those chairs.. just need to settle on a vinyl for the seat. Rearranging the furniture in the main lobby by myself, borrowing the framed certificates, and switching them with the new ones. (I'm getting pretty good at framing things)...finally having the counter replaced up in Old Dental.. nice to see some progress there! Friday was pretty intense, my task was to start organizing and cleaning the back of the office where we store the maintenance binders and our material library along with random chairs and things. Some of the books were super dusty! It was pretty intense :)

Friday I drove the van to Centerville to pick up the rest of the ladies. (Everyone from my stop had the day off, so I got to drive the beast) Then after work, and parking the van back in Riverdale, I hopped in the car and drove out to West Valley for a bridal shower. Then a bbq/triple date. That was interesting. I was the first one there and didn't know any of the guys. But I was proud of myself, fearless just went right in. Haha good thing I went to the right house or that could have made for a great story. So there's not much to tell, the bbq was good, but took forever to cook. We had chicken and grilled corn on the cob :) I was on dog duty, one of their dogs was super sneaky about stealing food. But I took care of him and he didn't make off with anything. I was glad I went but so tired towards the end of the night, then had to drive back to Ogden. Yay for music to keep me awake! I had left a mixed cd from my old roommates. So that was a fun blast from the past!

Saturday I got up early and took my brother to work then went over to my Grandparents place. I got to help them clean up the front room and dust and put Old English Lemon oil on all the wood things. I love the smell of it. And I love making the wood things shine again. They have wood carved things from the Philippines, Thailand, Malyasia, and Fiji. My Grandpa brought the things from the Philippines when he was in the Air Force, my Dad, my cousin and I brought back the other things from our missions. I brought them a carved shield that I got in Kuching. ^_^ Then I went back and picked my brother up from work and then my Mom and I went up to Logan. I needed to pay for my apt. and don't like sending large checks in the mail so we were heading up there to do that. On the way, my Mom surprised me and took me to Mattox for lunch. Oh man that was fabulous. Definitely top on my favorite places to eat list. I had the Cheese and Veg soup, Lamb with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob and their home made cream soda. *Bliss* It was awesome. I love lamb. Then we went up to Logan, I payed for my housing and then we went to the temple. It was really nice.

That night back in Ogden, had dessert and then watched the first two episodes of Doctor Who: Season 4. Awesome! Good weekend. ^_^ This week should be good, and next weekend should be fabulous as I'll be heading down to Provo to visit friends!

PS. I'm not sure how great of a movie it will be, but I want to see Eat.Pray.Love. I like Italy, and I want to go to India and Indonesia! Actually I have a long list of places to visit, Going back to Singapore and Malaysia is at the top, Morocco, India, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Alaska, Japan, after reading The Bread of Angels, I want to head over to Jerusalem - I'd like to learn Arabic. I'd love to go back to Europe and stop at lots of random small towns. What can I say? I guess I have the travel bug and a fascination with culture, language and ethnic foods. I hope my future husband enjoys it as much as I do. 

No comments: