Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School Fall 2010!

So it has finally arrived. After a wonderful summer, it is time for school to start!

This morning I awoke to the sound of rain. (It was a good thing too because I set my alarm for 'PM" instead of "AM"...) I am not super excited about going out into the rain, but it is nice and waking up to the sound of rain outside my window was delightful. (We live in a basement apartment, so all our windows are just above ground level.) My first class today isn't until 10:30am so I sat in bed for a while pondering life and thinking about this school year then I prayed and had some gospel study time. I want to read the Conference talks again before General Conference in October so I read another talk this morning:

The Power of the Priesthood By President Boyd K. Packer President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

I read it in Indonesian though. I am really trying to stay up with that, I don't want to forget how to speak Bahasa Melayu. Then I continued on of my reading of the Doctrine and Covenants  - I am up to Section 29 now. I have been reading the sections in chronological order so that has been really interesting.

A couple of weeks ago I bought one of those small Book of Mormons so I could carry it around in my purse all the time. A friend of mine inspired me to make a fabric cover  for it also. I found a pattern and I have some sarong fabric that my Dad brought me back from Thailand so now all I have to do it make the pattern. But anyway I figured today was a great day to begin reading that Book of Mormon and mark certain things I will look for this time. So in following the colors of my colored pencils I will be looking for scriptures about the Atonement, Repentance/Forgiveness, Hope/Joy, Resurrection, Prayer, "Remember", Commandments and the Spirit. I am really excited about this. I have been trying to come up with a new way for me to study the scriptures and I think this is going to work out well for me. 

Well I'd better go get ready for class ^_^ I have Weight training and Architectural Systems today! So fun!

Scripture of the day: Doctrine and Covenants 82:10 "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

No comments: