Everything was great and then when we made it passed Centerville and almost to Farmington.... my car began to make weird noises and my steering wheel was shaking so I took the next exit and stopped in the middle lane ( I was going to pull into a parking lot, but none of them had been plowed and it wasn't a busy road).... basically it was a good thing we didn't go any further because I had a super FLAT TIRE...
| Not my actual tire... I'll have to take a picture of it later, it looked like something bit it >_< |
It just so happened that we stopped in front of a church, and after I called for roadside assistance we had about 20 people stop and ask us if we needed help. The result = we had the tire changed before our service arrived. I am grateful that - 1. My cousin was with me 2. people stopped to help us 3. I have a good spare - not a little dummy tire 4. I have roadside coverage 5. it wasn't snowing hard/ wasn't windy 6. I subbed at Farmington Junior High so I knew exactly where we were and how to get back to the freeway 7. Our assistance guy came and warned us of the traffic from the accidents on I-15 so we could take an alternate route 8. I have family in Ogden
Once we were back on the road, we went to Layton to my cousin's Grandparents house where they had waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, and hot chocolate for us... *bliss*
After we ate, I helped my cousin get her bags in her car and then we parted ways. She went South and headed back to Ogden. By this time my Mom had pretty much forbid me from driving back up to Logan tonight; it was almost dark by the time I made it home to Ogden anyway.
So now where do I stand? Basically I enjoyed the rest of my night wrapped up in blankets, watching Psych Season 4 and trying to figure out when I should go and get a new tire tomorrow. Not loving the snow so much now. I know the next three weeks, are going to be crazy so I am grateful this happened when it did, not when I was up Sardine canyon or something. Life: never a dull moment - gotta love it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment