My plan was to go down to Ogden Wednesday morning because although half of my Tuesday classes had been cancelled, my night Photoshop class had not been. But no matter how well we plan things, we have to be open to change. the change in my plans was a Blizzard warning which caused USU to close the campus from 2pm Tuesday to 9am Wednesday. So I went to my Business Law and Ethics class which finished at 1:15 and then went back to my apt. packed up Sassy (my car) and drove home. I beat the storm, it wasn't too bad of a drive down, just really windy in the canyon.
Thursday we went over to my Uncle's house for Thanksgiving dinner, Grandpa came too so that was super fun. The food was amazing, and it is always a laugh when my family gets together. Highlights of the night: stories of when my Mom and Uncle were kids, banana cream pie and pumpkin pie from Sandy's, holding my uncle's ball python "Sir Hiss".
Friday I did not get up early. Standing in line in the cold and then crazed crowds are not my thing. But about 11 I went out to find fabric for my ottoman. I went to JoAnn's but between the line to get fabric cut and then another line to check out, I figured I'd try my luck on Saturday. On my drive home I saw Hancock's fabrics and thought it couldn't hurt to try there also. That was a good choice! The sales were just as good as JoAnn's but the store was almost empty. - Best of all I found some cute fabric that I think is quite 'me':
I love it. Warm colors, floral pattern = very me :)
Later that afternoon, after squeezing in some homework, my brother and I went over to our other Grandparents home for dinner and then put up and decorated their Christmas tree. Next time I am over there, I will have to take a picture. It is one of those artificial trees that already has lights on it. For decorations, my Grandma has these light blue wooden heart ornaments with one for everyone in the family with their names on it. Then she has while bells and angels, and ornaments from places they have been. I think the best ornaments are the ones with sentimental value. I think decorating the tree for Christmas is one of my favorite things of the holiday.
Today has been a productive day. I finished my homework for CAD which is a relief! Another achievement of today was that I finally went and got my hair cut and dyed! I've been meaning to get to it for a while now but I was finally able to take the time and go for it! It's a little bit of a wedge and I have some layers in the back for more volume:
Stylin'
So all in all it has been a wonderful Thanksgiving break! I am all caught up on Castle, Burn Notice, and Psych too. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment