Thursday, November 18, 2010

Make no little plans...


"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will never die, but long after we are gone will be a living thing, asserting itself with ever-growing insistency. Remember that our sons and grandsons are going to do things that would stagger us. Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty. Think big." - Daniel Burnham, Chicago architect. (1846-1912)


I fell in love with this quote when I saw it on the Hancock Tower in Chicago. 
The Hancock Tower... great location, awesome view (we went up it at night)... and there is a Gelato/Italian market and a Cheesecake factory down below... essentially - *Bliss*






I would have to say the 'Cloud Gate' ... more affectionately known as 'The Bean' was my favorite thing about Chicago. There were tons of things I liked about Chicago but I was (and still am) intrigued by this.



This week has gone by so much better than I thought it would. I still have tons to do, and I'm having a hard time finding the motivation but quotes like that one above always inspire me. 

1 comment:

keisha egbert said...

Tari! I love your blog! You are a sweetheart and I love hearing about your adventures! :)