That evening I drove down to Layton to hang out with my cousin. We stayed the night at her Grandparents and then I took her to the airport the next morning. It was super fun. I love her Grandparents. ^_^ We had dinner, then watched the Jazz game. I was hoping we would win, but the SA Spurs were way more on top of things than we were, especially in the last quarter... it looked like our guys were walking around and not putting much effort into anything. Then my darling cousin and I watched the first episode of Doctor Who:Series 5 .. I am still getting used to Matt Smith... I think David Tenant will always be my favorite. But I think this new series will be pretty awesome too. I like the new look of the TARDIS.
After the airport I continued on down to Provo, made a quick pitstop in Draper for some petrol and then made it to Orem by 8am... I stopped at the WalMart there to get an ice scraper and some stuff to melt ice just in case. Aand then I drove by the Elase Medical Spa, two of my professors worked on that project! Then I went out to breakfast with a friend. Best French Toast ever! It tasted like a cinnamon roll. Delicious.
Then a group of us went to go see the latest Harry Potter movie. It was very interesting. From what I can remember of the book, I think the movie did a good job. There was a part that made me go Hmm... but overall I enjoyed it. We all went out to lunch at IHOP... I was all breakfast food-ed out so I opted for soup and a sandwich.
Then we headed back to my friends apt so I could help them pick new paint colors. I was leaning towards lighter colors, sticking mainly with blues and browns, with a darker blue for an accent wall. He didn't share my vision hehe. So we pilled in the car and ran to Home Depot and checked out more paint samples. He found a pamphlet labeled "Man Cave" and took it home as a reference....
My favorite part of the night was going with them to pick out a Christmas tree and ornaments and then heading back to their apt to put it up and decorate it.. while eating candy canes, drinking MILO and listening to Christmas music!
![]() |
| BEFORE |
![]() |
| AFTER |
.....and then there was SNOW!
I decided that I didn't want to stay the night in Provo so I figured I would drive to Ogden, stay the night at my Mom's and then go up to Logan Sunday morning. Well that was all well and good.... when I was in Orem, it was raining and hailing... then when I merged onto I-15 Northbound it was dry. ... but when I got up to Thanksgiving point all I could see was the road and the taillights of the cars ahead until I was in Draper. The conditions were better until I got around West Valley..... that was a nightmare. I was doing all I could to see my lane and stay in it. Thankfully everything was fine and traffic kept moving - and all the snow was fresh so there was no ice on the roads. When I exited onto 89 for South Ogden, the roads were clear and the snow stopped and I made it home just fine.
This morning the weather was fine until I got into Sardine canyon.. it was particularly bad around Mantua and 'dry lake' .. but my car was fine and I was able to keep a level head. I am excited for Christmas and I don't mind that the snow is here, it is so beautiful.. but I am not super excited to be driving in it all winter!
PS. I got this message on one of my pictures on Facebook in a conversation establishing that I am indeed single... it made me smile...
"Hmm . . Why no boy friend ? No any guys in utah tackle you ? I dont understand . . I think you should have a boy friend . I wish you one day you will have a very nice and handsome boy friend :)"



1 comment:
hahaha! Yeah, why no boyfriend Tari? I'm ready for your wedding! :) I'm glad you made it back to Logan safely!
Post a Comment