Friday, November 12, 2010

Wonderful Week

This week has gone by extremely fast.

Good things that happened this week in no particular order-

1.I was able to help sell Tickets for the AASC event 'TipToe into Asia" and in the process learned how to reserve a table to sell things by the bookstore.
2. I made it through the circuit trainings in Weight Training and wasn't nearly as sore as last week.
3. Registered for Spring '11 - I'll be taking: Interior Design Seminar, the Pre-internship class, Environmental Design for Interiors (Sustainability), Business and Professional Practices in Int. Des., REVIT, Fundamentals of Marketing, Western Swing, and Pilates. Also I registered for the Acts-Revelation Institute class. Basically I am stoked!
4. Finally got my Exam 3 score back for Business Law and did well.
5. It was cold and it snowed but I liked it.
6. Almost every day I talked to a stranger about my mission - that sounds weird but someone would hello and it turned into a conversation. I love friendly people!
7. Finally had my Materials Midterm and felt like I did really well
8. Confirmed that I will be manning a Malaysia table at the Institute's International Night on Dec. 3rd - can't wait to dress up. Hopefully a couple of elders from my mission will help too ^_^
9. I have been getting the hang of the Rumba and practicing the Tango for our 'performance' next week
10. My new glasses are ready to be picked up!
11. My new coat arrived! I am really excited to wear it because it is super warm!

It really has been a good week. I was pretty busy Monday -Thursday, but then after my Materials Exam, I drove down to Ogden. I love that drive. The mountains in Sardine canyon were gorgeous. I love the contrast when you first enter the canyon, the mountains close don't have snow on them but the ones behind them do. Then as you go further in the canyon, everything was dusted in snow.  When I came out of the canyon and was looking down on Brigham City, out to the west the sun was setting behind the mountains and the sky was pink and orange. It was breathtaking. The clouds were rolling in and the last of the suns rays were peaking though. It's been a while since I got a good look at a sunset like that.

This weekend is going to be fabulous. First, tour of the UofU College of Nursing building, then spending the night at my Aunt's house. Then Saturday, my cousin's baby shower and then out to dinner with my family for my Mom's birthday. Sunday church with the family, Monday dermo appt. and then back up to Logan in time for institute. Fantastic!

Also random side note - I saw this recipe on Tastespotting.com and Foodgawker.com and really want to make it!

IMG_3228-edited

Easy Coconut Ice Cream with Coconut Crumbed Bananas - I LOVE fried bananas (pisang goreng) .. and coconut ice cream is delicious. 


I also found a recipe for Horlicks Ice Cream with Maltesers....*bliss* -> http://bakecookeat.blogspot.com/2010/03/horlicks-ice-cream.html

No comments: