Monday, April 4, 2011

Hari Jadi Girl


So the day finally came. But with my birthday falling on a Sunday this year, I got to party all weekend long!
My class was cancelled on Friday so I went home Thursday afternoon. It was great. After class I packed up and drove down to Ogden. That night I just hung out with my brother. Friday morning I made a wonderful discovery! I found the games for the XBOX 360... definitely rocked the moves on Dance Central - such a fun game! It's legit. Friday afternoon I popped over to Kohl's and bought some shoes. Darling black flats, hoping to wear to an interview soon. Then I went and got my hair cut short.

That night I got to go out to Sandy's for dinner with my Mom, Brother and Grandpa. I got apple pie and ice cream for dessert. I love Sandy's pies!

Saturday morning I went over to my grandparent's house to watch conference. My cousin came over too and brought her little guy. He is so darling! Can't believe he will be 4 months old soon. I can usually get him to smile. ^_^ Once the morning session was over, my grandparents, brother and I drove up to Maddox! We met my Aunt, Uncle and two of my cousins there for lunch. I LOVE Maddox! I ordered the chopped lamb with mashed potatoes and of course had to get their Cream Soda. Delish! Because we were there for my birthday I got a piece of pie. This time I got Banana Cream. It was a massive piece... and it was amazing. I wish I could make banana cream pie like that.

When we were finished eating, we drove back down to Ogden and watched the afternoon session of conference. Then we had a light dinner... actually I didn't eat much - still super full from Maddox. :) Then the guys left to go watch the Priesthood Session and us ladies (Grandpa, Aunt, and two of my cousins) stayed and watched Tangled. My other Aunt came over for a bit too. So fun!

Right before the guys got back, we jumped on skype and got to talk to my cousin and his kids over in Okinawa, and my other cousin over in Kansas. Skype is pretty cool. Then in true family gathering style we stayed up late talking. It was so great to see everyone!

Sunday morning my Dad texted me at 8am - he wasn't sure what time I would be waking up and wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday (although my uncle was the first right after midnight). He didn't wait an hour before calling me. So I got to talk to him and open the presents from him and my stepmom. They got me a sweet bag and a couple of summer dresses from Thailand. Love them! My darling cousin got me a claddagh necklace and a Celtic Thunder t-shirt - we have matching ones! (And the best part is we are planning on seeing them when they come to Utah in October!)
Claddagh Pendant Necklace
Claddagh pendant
Celtic Thunder Retro Bars Women’s Fitted T-Shirt
Celtic Thunder ^_^

Sunday after Conference was over we went to my Aunt's house for dinner. It was so fun to have everyone there. My cousin made me a cake so everybody sang to me and I blew out my candles in one. There was a little mishap with the candles so technically I was turning 20 again. Haha they were arranged in a 24. Man... I am still having a little bit of a hard time coming to terms with that. I can't believe how fast time goes! Maybe it would sound better in Pride and Prejudice style ..."I am now 4 and 20". Hmm. Or I suppose now I can say that I am 20+ when someone asks how old I am. In all seriousness, I am not ashamed of my age. I think this is going to be a great year. :)

I drove back up to Logan that night. Most of my classes were cancelled today, but I was up on campus doing homework. I did go to Country swing and Institute, then stayed and did some more homework. 

Tomorrow we are going to party it up some more. Roommate dinner at Texas Roadhouse, then cake and ice cream with everyone at our apt. at 9. It'll be grand. ^_^

No comments: