
I have a fantastic life. I really do. Perfect? No. Easy? Nope. But amazing none the less.
April has been a wonderful month. Starting off with General Conference, and my birthday. Then last week my roommates took me out to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday. Yes I rode the saddle – it was great. Then afterwards we had a party for my birthday at our place. My darling roommates made red velvet cake and funfetti cake, and we made the cran-raspberry + pomegranate 7up slush. Due to the spacing of the candles... two needed a second go to be blown out. What makes me laugh is next year I will need more than one box of candles to cover it. Hehe. Then afterwards epic Just Dance 2 ensued. ^_^
The rest of the week went well. I got my homework done and my Roommate and I went country swing dancing at the Fun Park Wed. night. It was a great night. We stood in a different spot than usual and we got asked to dance a lot. It was great! I love dancing so much. (hehe living up to my name)
Thursday when I came out of Pilates it was snowing... hard. It made me so sad! Mainly because it snowed the rest of the day and the day after!! Good thing I kept a pair of snow boots up here... kinda wish I didn't need them though. My friend and I got together and did some homework up at her place on campus and then she had made some Korean BBQ for me. DELICIOUS! When she has time, I'm going to have her over and make some Malaysian food for her.
Friday - more snow, but I braved driving anyway. Thankfully it was warm enough that the roads were clear albeit wet. I made it down to Ogden and stopped long enough to go to Jamba Juice with my brother and do a load of laundry, then I drove down to Provo. I'll be honest it was kind of scary. Again, the roads were fine but visibility was terrible. In South Salt Lake there had been an accident so traffic slowed to 10 mph. Once I got past all of that, around draper things cleared up and it was smooth sailing from there.
I went to dinner with some Elders from my mission. We went to the Indian place on Center St. and then went to a cello recital that another Elder from our mission was having. He was amazing! I was very impressed. Afterwards we had a mini 'Just Dance 2' party over at Ee's. Then when he went to bed I went over to my companion's apt and stayed the night.
Saturday morning we went to the library and did homework for a few hours. I wasn't planning on doing any homework, but it was a good thing that we did. Afterwards I grabbed a quick lunch and then went to the MTC. I got to see my cousin there. The Fijian speaking missionaries go to the TRC right before the Indonesian/Malay speaking missionaries so that worked out well. I also met up with some missionaries that I served with and was paired up with an Elder that I don't think I had met before. He finished his mission a little while after I arrived in Malaysia so I don't think we crossed paths but I had heard his name before and seen pictures in other people's BRs. So that was fun, we had the sisters teach us. I love speaking/hearing Malay! It was hard to leave, I was having such a good time chatting with everyone. Mission memories are the best.
After leaving the MTC, I dropped by and picked up K. then we met a couple more sisters and went out to eat at the new Thai place on 400 N. in Provo. Everything about Thai Village was delightful. We ordered the Masamam Curry, Yellow Curry and some Pad Thai. Yum!
I love getting together with the missionaries from my mission. I would love even more to be able to go back to Malaysia and Singapore. (That's one reason why I am so excited to be graduating so I can start saving money for travelling)
----------------------------------
So here we are... Monday again. It has been a good day. Just a couple weeks left until I am out for summer. Still working on the Internship. Still waiting on a couple of firms... maybe I should start looking for places in San Jose.. my friend just got an internship in San Fran. It would be fun to stay with my Dad over the summer. It'll work out, I know it will. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment