Monday, April 25, 2011

Happiness is a Form of Courage


So here we are again. Another Monday. The sky is full of dark clouds that look like they will burst any moment and the chilled wind comes and goes. Just your typical Logan Spring day. It is the last Monday of classes. This time next week I will be finished with my first Exam. That was fast. Two weeks today I start working at Rice and Strand Interiors in my Internship...and with that I'd better back up a little bit.

Friday I had an interview at Rice and Strand Interiors in North Salt Lake. Remember how I said before - things have a way of working out? A friend of mine had been offered the internship there ... and long story short, she decided to accept another internship ... so mentioned my name and gave me the contact info. Fast forward a day or two - I had an interview and was offered the position. I think it will be a really good experience. It is a smaller firm so I should be able to be involved with many aspects of the business. Some of the projects I will be able to help with are the Colonial Court in Ogden UT -(the Condos by the Temple and Farr's Ice Cream), a show home for the annual Parade of Homes. My internship will be the first 6 weeks of summer break - so I am also hoping to be able to get a job of some sort afterwards for the rest of the summer to pay for my housing and things for my last semester of school!

After my interview I went back home and watched an episode of Man vs. Wild. We watched Bear Grylls survive in the Sahara desert. Pretty intense - now I know that if I ever find myself in that situation, that I can eat the spiders and make sure to avoid a certain plant that can cause blindness if I get part of it in my eye. Good skills to have. The my darling cousin made it up to Ogden and I met her at our Grandparents house. We stayed the weekend there. Festivities included a mini Doctor Who marathon. The Christmas Carol Special was on, then a recap of last season and finally the long awaited Doctor Who Season 6 season premier....part 1! (The best part is - we set up a timer on their TV to record all of the Doctor Who episodes for this new season so we can watch them when we go to visit.)  Saturday also included sleeping in, a yummy brunch, playing Apples to Apples, dinner at Chili's (I got the Cajun Chicken Pasta yum!), shoe shopping and Farr's Ice Cream!

Easter Sunday was very nice. We went to Church with our Grandparents and then had a family lunch. After wards I packed up my car. My cousin drove back down to Payson, and my brother and I went over to our Aunt and Uncle's house in Clinton. We had a little message, dinner and then played games. It was really great to see everyone.

Such a good weekend. Life is good. I really like the picture that I started this post with. "Happiness is a form of courage"... I also believe happiness is a choice, independent of circumstance. It's an attitude, and yeah, I think it takes courage and confidence to be happy. I think happiness is also linked to faith and hope. Happiness is a beautiful thing.

No comments: