Saturday, March 26, 2011

Monkey Bread

So I haven't done much baking lately... over Spring Break my cousin and I did lots of baking and cooking... and  although I don't regret a minute of it - I should have had a little more self control. Hehe.

Brownie Peanut butter Cheese Cake

Mini Donuts (chocolate, frosting, and cinnamon/sugar coated)
So I have been really good these past two weeks... but the urge to bake is too strong. So what did I make you ask? ... I have always wanted to make Monkey Bread - I think I may have tried it once. Either way, I have been seeing lots of recipes for it on foodgawker.com and really wanted to try myself!

I used the recipe from gourmeted.com that I saw on foodgawker. Lots of the recipes I found called for premade biscuits or something rather for the dough, but of course being me, if I am going to go to the time and effort to make something homemade - I go all the way. So here are the pictures from my baking adventure:

After mixing the dough (don't forget the salt!) and letting it rise for an hour...
Then flatten the dough, cut it into squares and dip it in butter and brown sugar/cinnamon then place in the bundt pan
Once all the dough is taken care of, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for another hour
About half an hour in the oven and Voila! Delicious cinnamon goodness!

Yes it took a long time, but it was worth it. I watched Emma to help the time pass. Cute movie - that was the first time I have watched it. This recipe passed the taste test of myself and my roommates and apparently I have reached 'Domestic goddess' status ;)


No comments: