Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Raindrops and Milestones...

So I was just thinking about milestones that are coming up...
17 days until my birthday.... 9 months and I will GRADUATE from USU!! I will say that I am looking forward to graduating more than my birthday. Don't get me wrong, I have some awesome plans for my birthday (family dinners, General Conference etc!) but when I think about my birthday I start feel old. I know in the scheme of things, I am not old... but when I am surrounded by 19-21 year olds... I do start to feel it sometimes. But that is okay, I am not ashamed of my age, I have had some awesome experiences that I wouldn't trade for the world. I think I am more excited for graduation because that is going to mark a big change in my life. Birthdays come and go, and sometimes not much changes. I usually start to feel older at the beginning of the year anyway, when I set goals and ponder on the things that happened the past year.

One achievement I am looking forward to is getting an internship. Today I called all the firms I called last week to follow up, and not one of them are looking for interns. *Brief moment of panic* ... but I still have hope. There are a couple more on my list I am still waiting to hear back from. If they don't work out, then I will branch out. So far I have only contacted Architectural firms. I am not out of ideas yet, and I  I would like to have an internship set up by my birthday.

Today we had Jeanette Simpson talk to us. She wrote the book "Interior Design Intern to Employee". She had some good insights and things for us. So we soldier on. I just need one internship right? ... I keep telling myself that.

Today was rainy all day. I kind of liked it though. Brought me back to living in Washington(WA) or England. I would have thought of Malaysia too... but the rain there was always warm.

So now I'm back into the full swing of things. Not too many things due this week, but a couple of assignments and a test are all lined up for next week. Oh joy. Better to be busy than bored.

Also, I've joined STEPS - I will post more information about it when I get it. I went to the first meeting today. Basically right now the goal is to raise $15,000 for Red Cross Japan by April 2nd. There's lots of events and fund raising activities coming up. :)

And tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day so I need to remember to wear green! 

No comments: