So the past few days have been pretty busy. I have called Architectural firms in Yorktown (VA), Newport News (VA), Phoenix (AZ), and Salt Lake City (UT). A good number of the places I have contacted are not looking for interns this summer. I e-mailed a bunch of copies of my resume and portfolio out. I did get one really complimentary response, but their firm was not in a position to take on an intern this summer. So, so far it has been a positive experience... like I said before I would feel better if I already had an internship lined up - but I know it will work out. I only need one place to say offer me an internship right? I took the weekend off, because all of the places I have looked at have office hours from M-F. It's been nice to take a little step back and do something else.
Today was a great day. I woke up, got ready and then went to the Ogden Temple with my Mom. It was super busy! But that's a good thing :) - they will be closing April 1st (Friday before Conference) and then begin the major renovation. I am excited for that, they are pretty much revamping the whole block. The temple is getting earthquake proofed and the tabernacle is giving up its spire. There will be new landscaping and underground parking. The renderings look great.
Then after going home and changing, my brother and I went over to our Grandparent's home for lunch. That was nice, then my brother, Grandma and I played scrabble. I won - by 1 point! Hehe I can't remember the last time I won scrabble... but this time I had words like barley, veneer and dreams - and got some of the bonus points squares so I was pretty excited.
The rest of the day I worked on getting my things ready to go back up to Logan. I even managed to squeeze in the Doctor Who(2005):Season 3 finale, and watch the Burn Notice Season 1 finale. Good shows I am excited for the new seasons this year!. :)
While I was folding and sorting my clothes, I had a Natasha Bedingfield marathon - I found a bunch of live youtube videos and other good songs by her. And I pampered myself a little by painting my toenails and then waxing and plucking my eyebrows. (Ok I realize that waxing and plucking probably shouldn't be listed under 'pampering'... but I like how my eyebrows look when they are taken care of so I'd say it's worth it)
A new Natasha Bedingfield song I discovered is "All I Need" - I'll post it in a bit. Like I've said before her music speaks to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment