Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 2 2011

I made it through week 1 and I still like all of my classes! I had quite the week too. Aside from good classes, Monday night we had FHE, Tuesday night we had a birthday party over at our apt., Wednesday my roommates and I went Country Swing Dancing at the Fun Park, Thursday night I went to Choir Practice at the Institute Building, and Friday after Religion in Life I drove down to Ogden and stayed with family.

 

Country dancing at the Fun Park was a blast. It's always a good feeling when cute boys ask you to dance.. the line dances were fun too, although they didn't play any ones that I know really well. My favorite line dances are to 'Any Man of Mine' and 'Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy'. I don't usually listen to country music any more but I still enjoy dancing to it. Thursday in my Pilates class we had a fitness test... yeah it was tough and then my legs were sore most of the weekend! Thursday night was really great. I decided that I am going to sing Alto and when the song calls for it, I'll sing second Alto. Usually I like to sing Soprano, mainly because typically the soprano part is the melody and I can have a hard time hearing the other parts. But I decided that for the songs we will be singing for the Fireside, the soprano part was a little higher than my range.. and I'd rather sing Alto this time anyway. I made a good choice because I have some friends also singing alto... that reminds me, I need to bring home a copy of the music so I can practice more.

Friday came quickly. My day started out with a challenging REVIT class - we learned how to draw walls and how to change the structure of the walls and started building a building. It was pretty intense. I thought it would be fairly easy, and similar to AutoCAD... yeah not so much. So this class is going to be a learning experience for sure! But good news, my textbook came so I can go back over what we do in class so I can make sure that I get it. Another challenge is that I can't let myself forget AutoCAD... that would be a tragedy. I think that I should be able to keep up my CAD skills because I relearned CAD well after my mission, and most of it came back to me. Only time will tell. After CAD, I ran some errands and then went to Religion in Life at the Institute. We had Elder Earl Tingey, President of the Washington D.C. Temple come and talk. One of his quotes from the talk was "I can sleep while the wind blows" - he told us a story about a farm hand who was so diligent and hard working, that he never needed to worry when the storms came, he could sleep peacefully knowing all that was in his control was taken care of.  He spoke a lot on being organized and prepared. D&C 38:30 "...if ye are prepared ye shall not fear."  He also spoke on having integrity and self confidence and also on the importance of prioritizing the things in our lives. He of course talked about the importance of the gospel in our lives and towards the end of his talk said: "If you understand the plan of happiness, your happiness will not be effected by the winds of the world."


After Religion in Life I ran back to my apt. got a quick lunch and then packed up my car and headed back to Ogden for the long weekend. My darling cousin met me there and we stayed at our Grandparents house. Highlights from the weekend: watching Sharpe's Peril, eating at Maddox, visiting my cousin Jani and getting to hold her month old son, watching Shrek 4, Playing Wii Party at my Aunt's house, hanging out with my Grandparents, and just being with family. 


So after a wonderful weekend with family, I am back up in Logan. Classes are going well and I am loving life ^_^ 

No comments: