Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 2

This week went by really fast - part of it helped that I had Monday off! (Yay for Federal Holidays!) That night I went to my Singles Ward activity in the park near my house. I wasn't super excited about going but it turned out to be pretty fun.

Tuesday I got to go the the meeting that we have every week. But our program manager had another meeting to go to so he kept it short. It was a good thing we had it, as our Safety guy was there and brought up an important point that needed to be addressed on a couple of our projects. So a couple times this week I got to follow him and another woman up to the site and take care of the necessary things.

Probably the best parts of my work week was - being able to show off my CAD skills. I am so excited that my building has AutoCAD Architectural 2010 on the computers! Good thing I got right back up into school, and learned that version last semester! I am working on the floor plan of a room in the Ogden Clinic, and trying to finish up the floor plan and furniture plan of the main lobby. So I am keeping busy and having a blast! This week we got a new BioMed intern and an architectural intern as well.

Another highlight from last week was going to the Open House for Architectural Nexus I went with my Boss to the LEED Plantinum Certified Office in SLC. It was awesome! Beautiful building and interesting Green Design Techniques!

 I was able to make it to Institute on Wednesday night. I went to a class called "Scripture Study Fundamentals: The Power of the Word". It was really good! The Lesson was from two talks:

The Power of the Word - President Ezra Taft Benson (Ensign May 1986 p. 79-82)

How Rare a Possession - The Scriptures = President Spencer W Kimball (Ensign Sept. 1976 p. 2-5)

No comments: