This week at work I get to meet with the Maharam fabric rep. of Monday and later in the week I get to meet with the rep from 3form! And hopefully get a bunch of the systems desk furniture to where it needs to go. Lots to do as always, but I love it! Such a great experience. I can't believe that I only have about a month left and then back to Logan for school. I am SO stoked about that! I am way excited for my classes this semester including Materials and Construction, Business ethics and law, and of course Ballroom dance! (Tari in Malay means 'to dance'. Fitting no?)
Saturday was really nice. My brother and I went over to our Grandparents house. We went out to lunch at Dylan's - I got the French Dip sandwich and an Orea shake. Yum! Then we went to the Pioneer museum next to the Ogden temple - fitting as it was Pioneer day :) Then we walked around grounds of the Ogden Temple. So beautiful, and the weather was perfect! Then we made a quick stop at the grocery store and then went back to their house. I got to help my Grandma hang pictures. Then we grilled up some steaks and made dinner and watched "The Wind and the Lion" I had never heard about it but it is based on history. (My family loves history) so it was interesting.
Today church was good. I really liked the Relief Society lesson on the talk from past April General Conference:
“You Are My Hands” By President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency
Here are a couple of quotes from the talk, to read the whole thing click on the link above :)
"A story is told that during the bombing of a city in World War II, a large statue of Jesus Christ was severely damaged. When the townspeople found the statue among the rubble, they mourned because it had been a beloved symbol of their faith and of God’s presence in their lives.
Experts were able to repair most of the statue, but its hands had been damaged so severely that they could not be restored. Some suggested that they hire a sculptor to make new hands, but others wanted to leave it as it was—a permanent reminder of the tragedy of war. Ultimately, the statue remained without hands. However, the people of the city added on the base of the statue of Jesus Christ a sign with these words: “You are my hands.”
..."The Savior revealed the perfect priorities for our lives, our homes, our wards, our communities, and our nations when He spoke of love as the great commandment upon which “hang all the law and the prophets.”13 We can spend our days obsessing about the finest details of life, the law, and long lists of things to do; but should we neglect the great commandments, we are missing the point and we are clouds without water, drifting in the winds, and trees without fruit.14"
Our teacher asked the question "Who is Jesus Christ to you?". It really made me think. And made me think that I should think about it more often. Another comment she made was that We can come to Christ every day.
Later in Sacrament meeting, one of the speakers used this scripture in his talk:
No comments:
Post a Comment