This week is off to a wonderful start. I was able to finish fixing the main lobby floor plan with the measurements I took on Friday, and then used the furniture blocks from the floor plan CCG sent me. I am super excited about the new furniture. Then tomorrow after meeting with the furniture rep. I'll finalize the fabric and place the order. It's going to take a while to get everything sorted and the furniture back to us, so I'm trying to get it all taken care of as quickly as possible.
The Institute class I went to last week, and a couple of the lessons are church were on scripture study. I recently finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through again, and have been struggling to find a focus of study. But now I have decided to read the Doctrine and Covenants, while at the same time slowly reading the Book of Mormon, and really pondering the message of the verses, and what it means for me today. I am excited, I've never read the whole Doctrine and Covenants straight through. I know I am going to learn a lot!
My latest read it one of my favorite books: The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans I've already read it many times, but it's been a while so I thought I would read it again :)
Here's a couple of quotes from what I read this week:
"The secret of success is this life is to realize that the crisis on our planet is much larger than deciding what to do with your own life. The only work that will ultimately bring any good to any of us is the work of contributing to the healing of the world."
"The surest way to minimize your own burdens is to carry someone else's"
"There are times, it seems, that God throws a cosmic switch that moves the tracks beneath us, hurdling our lives headlong in a new and uncertain direction. Of there times just two things are certain: It's best we don't know what's ahead. We can never go back."
In other news, the house is pretty quiet now. My two stepbrothers are away at training in Missouri. We're not that close but there's a big difference when they aren't here. In a little while one of them will be heading out to Afghanistan. I can't even imagine what it is like over there. My prayers are with them. God bless our soldiers.
No comments:
Post a Comment