Friday, June 25, 2010

Time goes by so fast..

First of all, where did my week go? It feels like yesterday I posted, but that was almost a week ago!

Most of this week I have been running errands and cleaning up the house. Tuesday I was able to go down to Salt Lake and get everything ready at the VA hospital for my New Employee Orientation which will happen on Monday. That included getting my badge made up. I'm excited, I don't think I've ever had a badge at a place that I've worked!

Other fun events of the past week include - going down to Herriman to visit one of my roommates from last year. We hung out at her house, rode her tandem bike around the neighborhood, went to an after-institute activity at the SLCC in Jordan which included basketball and volleyball, then went to the 9:50pm showing of Toy Story 3 - super cute. Thursday I got to meet up with the cute Relief Society ladies of my Stake here and sewed more dolls for Primary Children's hospital. That is always fun, I am going to miss meeting up with those ladies, as I'll be working from here on out for the rest of the summer.

Also been keeping up with Doctor Who. I've got my brother watching it with me now. We finished up season 1 (it came out in the UK in 2005) and now started season 2. Yay for Netflix - don't have to watch it with commercials!! - also found out that there was a spin-off series called Torchwood.. so when we run out of Doctor Who, we'll still have more to watch :)

Yesterday I went outside and cut some flowers. We have a really pretty and good smelling rosebush behind our house and daisies also. I like daisies, they are cute but I don't really like the smell of them. Also our apple tree and apricot tree have fruit on them, and the grapevine is looking good too. I hope it's good fruit so I can make jam later!

Today I have been reading Ether chapter 12. I love this chapter, especially a few verses which I want to share:

  4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.


  6 ... I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.


 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


I love verse 27! It has helped me so many times in my life. I also like the way that Moroni finishes the chapter in verse 41: And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen.




Well today I am going to try and finish reading The Bread of Angels, it isn't how I thought it would be but it is very interesting. I am interested to see how it ends. Later today my brother and I are going over to my Grandpa's place to go swimming. I am excited! I haven't been swimming since I have been back from Arizona. YAY for the sun! I love the weather right now, finally feeling like summer :)

No comments: