Friday, June 18, 2010

LIfe is Good

Well since I have returned to Utah from Arizona, I have been quite busy running errands and such! Another task that has taken up a lot of my time is searching and applying for jobs. Yesterday I was feeling particularly useless and down about not having found a job, but I worked on the translation project, watched Dr. Who, Burn Notice and Psych (not one after the other) and went to bed on time, figuring that everything would feel better in the morning.
  I attempted to wake up early, but the lack of sleep from the last week (staying up waay too late chatting and/or reading) finally took its toll and I fell back asleep for another hour ish, then I was woken up to my phone ringing. I didn't recognize the number but of course answered it anyway.
  The result of the phone call... I have a job!! Super exciting news I tell you what! So starting the 28th of June, I will be working down at the VA Hospital in SLC! I applied for a Medical Data Clerk, but one of the ladies in charge decided to take advantage of my field of study, and I will be helping them set up/organize the office spaces also. Woot woot! Yay for Interior Design! I couldn't be more excited! ..or could I? Turns out that they have UTA van services that run to work from my area, and the lady who called me was super cute and is going to help me get in on that so I won't even have to drive to work. All I can say is BLESSINGS! I am so grateful for this opportunity! I think it will be fun and keep me busy, with weekends off :)

  In other news... I have found that there is a Cookbook section in the Library here. That was a happy discovery! I joked with my brother, that that is what my house is going to look like someday. I love cookbooks, I love cooking and baking and trying new recipes. My future husband is going to be a lucky man.... although I hope that he enjoys spices as much as I do.
  Today I checked out The Bread of Angels by Stephani Saldana, Why Some Like it Hot - food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity by Gary Paul Nabhan, and just for fun I checked out Everyday MALAY :) I was going to check out some more books by Shannon Hale, but I figured I needed a break from fairytales and such... although Th Bread of Angels while based on a true story, is essentially 'a journey to love and faith'. So I am excited for that. I picked up the food and cultural diversity book when my brother and I were looking at the language section. It sounded interesting so I thought I would try it... hmm that reminds me I want to read Cradle to Cradle also...

Soo many books, so little time :) How I love to read!

Well I'd better be off, it is Stake Temple Night tonight, I'm excited :)

No comments: