Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Orion

One thing you may not know about me is that I love stars. I love going outside at night and seeing stars in the sky. I love finding familiar constellations when I am new places, it makes me feel at home. When I was young, my Dad would point out constellations to me, I loved it.

Here I am in another new place: Arizona. I found the big dipper a while back, but tonight I finally found Orion. After work, I went for a walk with the intent to clear my head and just think - think about my priorities, where I want to be, what I want. A few steps out of the door and there he was. Orion has had a special place in my heart ever since our first major move - from Tacoma, WA to Lytham St. Annes, England. One night in particular I remember caroling with the youth of our ward there in Blackpool, looking up to the sky and seeing Orion and feeling like finally England felt like home. It was quite the transition for the 10 year old me, and little did I know then that, it was just the first of many major moves coming. Throughout all my moves, and all the adventures somehow finding Orion in the sky makes me feel grounded and at home.

I don't know what the near future will bring, but once again Orion brought back a calm and a sense of home.

No comments: