Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Life as of late...

Well I wanted to start this post off with "Dr. Phil's Test" You can take it HERE. I like to take little things like this from time to time, I think they are interesting, and like to see what they "reveal" about me. You should try this one... I have no idea how they come up with the points, or how they relate them to the person taking the test but I took this one and scored a 48 .... and here's what that says about me:

41 to 50 points:

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical and always interesting; someone who’s constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who’ll always cheer them up and help them out.

I'd like to this that this is true.. but I probably see myself a little differently than others see me... which reminds me of a funny story. Monday night's FHE was over at our Bishop's house. We had goldfish races. It was hilarious. There were quite a few new people there, some who had recently returned to our ward, and some investigators as well so there was a pretty good turn out. There was a new boy who was quite friendly and chatting with the girls around him. I think I heard he recently returned from a mission, but I'm not sure. Anyway, he started asking the girls around him their ages. (Isn't that the number one thing you don't ask a lady??) So the two girls next to him said they were 20, then he asked me and of course I answered truthfully, I'm 26. His jaw just about hit the floor. I probably should have been flattered but he was so shocked and he said "I thought you were 21" a little disappointed. To which I answered, "I promise, I've graduated from University, and have served a mission, I'm 26." He asked me about my mission then moved back to talking with the other girls. Too funny! I brought that up with the girls I work with today (the oldest one is 20) and they were so funny, they all laughed at my story and then told me that when they first met me, they thought that I was younger as well, but they thought maybe 22. So there you go. 

In other news, I have been able to go to Institute two weeks running. It is so great. :)  Even though I technically graduated from Institute before my mission, I always enjoy going to new classes. The one we've been going to is a Book of Mormon class, and the teacher is great, I'm really enjoying it. My stepmother has changed the schedule so I can go, apparently it is a good thing for me to get out and meet new people... my single status continues to be a topic of conversation.... and my institute teacher did promise us that as we make institute a priority we will know who we need to date. Well what actually happened was he quoted President Monson:

 “ I ask you to make participation in institute a priority. Think of it. Friends will be made, the Spirit will be felt, and faith will be strengthened. I promise you that as you participate in institute and study the scriptures diligently, your power to avoid temptation and to receive direction of the Holy Ghost in all you do will be increased. Divine favor will attend those who humbly seek it. That is a promise which I leave with you.” (April 21, 2009)

He then went on to make us a few promises of his own, including we would know who we need to date. Our Institute teacher is all about letting love blossom. Good times.

Another good thing that has happened lately is a friend of mine reminded me that I need to do things for me. I started a project a week ago, and hadn't made any progress on it, she asked me about it and the next day I got a move on. It's all set, just need to put pencil to paper. It's been a while since I pursued my interest in that area so I'm excited to get going on it. (Yes I know that was extremely vague, but it has to be until I am finished with the project, as part of it is going to be a gift.) 

Well once again, thanks for reading my ramblings. Have a wonderful day! Peace and Blessings ;)

No comments: