"It was like a potpourri of insanity disguised as dancing..."
So funny! That was about the Hoff, yeah he is old, noticeably off beat and more than a little creepy. But then after that we finally got to watch Castle!It was pretty intense (also my roommates had to fill me in because I haven't seen any of season 2!) but the room where the TV was blocked my cellphone reception. When we made it back to our apt, I had two messages. One from my darling cousin, and one from a friend of mine inviting me to go to a concert in Salt Lake on Friday night. Sweetnya! I was able to call them both back and make plans.So the rest of the week was pretty intense! I was on campus from 10:30am to 8pm both Tuesday and Wednesday. Class and homework. Thursday wasn't too bad as I finished at 4:15pm. And was able to get some more of my homework done. That night I went to Pounders to help make wantons for the Global Picnic on Friday for the Asian American Student Council - I joined it back on Day on the Quad during Week of Welcome. So that was awesome. In case you hadn't guessed, I love to cook - especially things I haven't made before. I can watch people cook and try new recipes as often as I have the time for it. And a bonus was that because we were there when they were closing, the manager let us try some of their chicken and things. The Pounders chicken that is battered and fried then dipped in teriyaki sauce is delicious!
Friday I got up, read my scriptures, had breakfast then finally made it up to campus. I applied for a job in the Leave of Absence office, got a little homework done and then ran back to the apt, packed up my car are headed home. I wanted to do laundry and hang out with my brother for a while before I went down to SLC for my date.
So I parked at the parking lot West of Temple square... I am not a huge fan of 300 West - too many stories of taking wrong turns and bad traffic there! And Friday was no different. I must have driven around the block 4 times before I made it into the parking lot. But eventually I got cash and got parked.
We walked up to "Sawadee" a nice little Thai place for dinner, then had to book it back to the Assembly hall at Temple Square for the concert. Let me just say that the Assembly hall is gorgeous! We sat upstairs, which totally slants down toward the stage! Crazy! I think I enjoyed the architecture as much as the performance! (Yay for Interior Design Majors!) Then we walked around the temple, It was a beautiful night!
Saturday I slept in, went over to the Marshall White Community Center in Ogden for some research. I am entering a competition in December, so I needed to do some field work :) Then when I got back from that, we got a phone call, my Dad and Stepmom had gone up to WA to visit my stepmom's sister and they we on their way back and would be stopping by Ogden and staying the night at my Grandparents! SO exciting! I was so glad I had come down for the weekend!!
So before they came, I went to the Stake Center with my Mom for a fireside, dinner (taco salad, it was delicious!!) and then we watched the Relief Society Broadcast. It was fantastic... yeah messages just for me. I am so excited for Conference next weekend!
After we got back, I packed up my car and went over to my Grandparent's place. It was so great to see everyone! Especially my Dad and Stepmom. Hehe as with family tradition, we all stayed up late talking and laughing. :)
A great end to the weekend! They took off early this morning to head back to AZ. I'll stay here a little longer then head back up to Logan for my church ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment