Sunday, June 17, 2012

In a word... Yuna!

So tonight was amazing! My darling friend reminded me that Yuna was opening for Grafiti6 tonight here in Salt Lake and I was able to get a ticket. I am SO glad I did!! I wish that Yuna had been headlining, I could have listened to her sing all night. Next time.

The Orange lights gave a cool atmosphere

The Urban Lounge isn't very big, but it was perfect to see Yuna. I don't think she is very well known here, our group of Returned Singapore Missionaries made up a big chunk on those there. There were of a few people from Malaysia there as well. It was so fun!

Lincoln and Yuna... keep working on that Malay Lincoln! ;)

Yuna was fantastic live. I loved her tracks even more live. She is delightful. After wards, she didn't run away back to her hotel, she stayed for a long time and talked with us. We all spoke a mix of Malay and English, I'm sure everyone else who was there was trying to figure out what was going on. But we were in 7th Heaven. I can't get over how likable she is. Super down to earth, if I am any where near where she plays again in the future I will for go see her again.

Yuna and me! (She had some high heels on!)
It was so fun to be with one of my mission companions, and with people who understand my love for Malaysia. I can't believe that I have been home for 2 and a half years! Sometimes it feels like I was there yesterday, other times it feels like a lifetime ago.


Other highlights from this week:
Discovering the Millcreek Library and Community Center
Taking a Zumba class!

No comments: