Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Learning to dance in the rain...


So I'd have to say that a part of last week was a little bit of an emotional roller coaster. Which isn't normal for me, usually I am pretty level headed about things. I think I got all caught up in the Valentine's day craziness, and let my brain fall out the back for a little while. You will be glad to know that I am better now. Head on my shoulders, brain where it is supposed to be. Feeling a little foolish but everything is fine. I don't like to put things that are super personal on here, because it is not a private blog and anyone can see it. That being said, I do like speaking my mind and blogging about the things that have been going on and that I have been thinking about. Random fact about me, I rarely cry. Well let me specify, I hardly ever cry when I am sad or upset - I can probably count the number of times on one hand. But on the flip side, when I laugh hard enough my eyes water, or when I yawn.  If that counts. So I can proudly say, that with everything that has been going on, I haven't shed a single tear.

So anyway, last week was pretty crazy, but I got lots done, was able to spend a day helping my friends build their houses in REVIT, and catch up with all of them. I really do enjoy helping people, especially my friends. It's fun to help, and I believe that when you help someone you always gain something in return - whether you gain a friend, or deepen your understanding of something. So don't be stingy - help someone! ;)

Definite highlight of the week was leaving Logan after my class on Friday and heading down to Payson. My cousin told her class that I was coming down for the weekend and they wanted me to come see them. So I may or may not have made it down there in 2 hours. I signed in in the office and then went straight to my cousin's classroom. When I walked in, her 2nd Graders clapped for me, I practically got a standing ovation. I love those kids. If I was going into Elementary Education, 2nd grade would be what I would want to teach. After school, we picked up a chicken alfredo Pizza from Fat Jack's then went back to her place and watched a few episodes of Doctor Who Season 1(2005) and Doctor Who Season 2(2006)... love it!

Saturday we slept in...which was divine then finished watching Cranford(BBC Mini-series based on books by Elizabeth Gaskell. We enjoy watching BBC productions - mainly because they are very well done, also it's fun to see the British actors who have been in other BBC productions like North&South, Wives&Daughters and of course Doctor Who! After lunch and everything I was very proud of us for using her elliptical.. we each ran about 6 miles. I felt soo good afterwards! Then we made sugar cookies and went to the regional YSA activity. I was proud of us for going. It was a kind of dinner date thing - but we each had one date for the appetizer, then we got new dates for dinner, and then another one for dessert. Interesting. I had nice dates but nothing will come of it.

Sunday was great, we went to church, my darling cousin did a great job teaching Sunday School and then after church we Skyped with my Aunt and Uncle, Cousin, Grandparents and my Brother. It was so fun!

Monday was pretty busy. I left Payson after a late breakfast then dropped by Ogden to fill up on gas, chat with my Mom, go out to lunch with my Grandparents and brother, and visit my Aunt and Uncle. Then made it back to Logan in time to go see my friend on her birthday.

I'll be honest, it was super hard to get out of bed this morning. It was nice not to worry about what time to get up in the morning over the weekend! But classes are great, now just need to study for my Marketing test, and finish up my portfolio. Should be grand. :)



Thoughts that have been rolling around my brain lately:

"Forget You" (Originally by Cee Lo Green, but I love there version by Gwyneth Paltrow) I heard it at the basketball game

My friend posted this on her FaceBook Page: "My boy philosophy: 'Consider Me Gone' by Reba McEntire"


That same friend also shared this video:The Women Language Translator Hope that made you smile :)

1 comment:

keisha egbert said...

Hey--I was the friend you were seeing on her birthday! :) yay!! I'm so sorry you were feeling like this for awhile! :( glad you're feeling better! you are the best helper! you ALWAYS help people who need it! your are GREAT! loves!