Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas is almost here!




I haven't had much time for blogging the last two weeks. Once I made it back to Logan after the whole flat tire ordeal I buckled down for the last week of class and finals week. My main projects were from my Materials class and Architectural Systems based on our Medical Spa Project. For Materials I to turn in a Secification booklet for the Spa - where I did pages for the different furniture and finishes I chose for the spa. Then in Systems I had to finish up the construction documents which included a Floor Plan, Reflected Ceiling Plan, Elevations, Plumbing Plan, Mechanical Plan, Power Plan and Lighting Plan. Then I also had final exams for Business law and Systems. Probably the best final project for any of my classes was making an ottoman for Materials! To get ready for it I cut my fabric and my friend helped me sew it, then I got some flanged rope to go around the edges. The workshop was so fun! I got pretty handy with a staple gun :) I think my ottoman turned out pretty cute:

                   Making the ottoman!                                                    Finished Ottoman!

We made our ottomans at Rocky Comfort - Custom Soft Furnishings here in Logan (480 West 1400 North #12 Logan Utah 84341) John owns it and he was so great to let us take over his shop to make the ottomans - if you need some custom upholstery done give him a call - 435.752.4824

Last night to celebrate our freedom from finals we had a little girls night by going out to Firehouse Pizza:


...so delicious! We got their signature focaccia and the spinach artichoke chicken pizza - alfredo sauce as the base. Yum! I think my favorite thing there is the chicken cordon bleu calzone, but everything I have tried there is so good! Then we went and watched Inception. That is a very interesting movie - I would definitely watch that one again.

So now what to do? It is still kind of surreal that I am finished, don't have to think about homework until January! Although, after Christmas I will be making of list of places I want to apply for an internship, because we will get our portfolios together and apply for internships early in the semester. That should be exciting! It would be awesome if I could work in an internship and then go back to work at the VA for the rest of the summer. We shall see.

But now the party begins, I have a wedding reception to go to tonight, then tomorrow my cousin in getting married so I'll be busy all day with that in SLC. (I'm excited! I Love Salt Lake!) Then after my cousin's reception I'll be heading down to Payson until Monday night. So I am excited for all of that, it should be a great time!

Today's thought of the day is "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" Lets just say I was brave yesterday and did something a little out of character.. whatever happens I can take comfort that I put myself out there. :)

No comments: