Green Living May Issue Launch Party: Check.
Volunteer for First Friday: Check
Bridal shower: Check.
Puppy and House Sitting: Check.
Blood Test and Dr. Appt.: Check. Check.
Other fun things: Dinner with a friend and her family, Country dancing, Church activities, Girl's Night, Tried a couple of new recipes, Folk Dancing.
Currently Listening to: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Ruben for Book Club. I listened to it on my lunch today. I am really enjoying it! Every once in a while I like read 'Journey' books. I've read Eat, Pray, Love, The Alchemist, Heaven is Here etc. The Happiness Project is our Book of the month for Book Club. So far, so good. It reminds me of a quote I recently heard when I watched a 99U talk by James Victore. He said "In the particular, lies the universal". I love that, and I agree. Probably why I enjoy these journey books soo much. For instance in the chapter I listened to today, Gretchen spoke about her February goals and working on her happiness and on strengthening her relationship with her husband. It made me think of my living dynamic and ways I interact with my roommates etc. Very interesting, and some good insights. I am sure I'll use some of her findings in moving forward with my 30 Before 30 Lists and goals.
Things are coming along and I am excited for the next couple of weeks as well. A going away party, a couple of birthdays, a Memorial day trip to California, and baking a wedding cake and being a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding in Minnesota. Life is busy, but soo full of amazing people and wonderful experiences. I'll be honest, I was feeling a little overwhelmed with everything this past weekend - especially when I think about taking the GRE, but one by one, everything I want and need to do is falling into place. I love this crazy, beautiful, life of mine.
<3 T.
No comments:
Post a Comment