Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Birthday Week!

My Birthday is THIS WEEK! Soo crazy how fast this year had gone. This time last year I was also in Arizona. I took my vacation from work and came down to Arizona. We are having much warmer weather this year than last year.

So usually I celebrate my birthday on my birthday, but this year I wanted to celebrate all week. Just little things every day. Today I kicked off the celebration with a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll for breakfast. Yum! Then I was inspired by my friend training for the Goldilocks Race, so on my bike ride today I pushed myself to ride harder. It was fantastic! I usually go out for a pretty leisurely hour ride, but today I really tried to push myself, no hills around here but I rode faster than normal... and there was a headwind almost my whole ride so I got a great workout! I ended up riding for an hour and a half. It felt incredible! (A bike race may need to go on my 30 before 30 list.) Then I came home and stretched it out and took a 'detox bath' with Epsom Salt and Baking Soda, and took the time to finish up reading The Alchemist again. I think this is my third time reading it all the way through. Lots of great quotes, and interesting lessons. Santiago's journey particularly resonated with me this time. The last year has been a journey for me, I have learned so much and met so many incredible people along the way. So I am grateful for that, and am excited to see what happens next. There's lots of changes coming quickly so watch this space.

Moving forward with my reading goal for the year, I have already picked my next book. It comes highly recommended and I've been told by everyone who has read it that it made them cry. I am not a crier, so we shall see what happens. The next book that I am super excited to read is The Book Thief. Every once in a while I like reading books like this, or watching movies. Not because they are happy, I just think it's a very important piece of history, and while this book is Fiction, I think it will be very moving and possibly life changing. I didn't go see the movie because I wanted to read the book first.

Tomorrow I will continue the birthday celebration by going to a working interview. I am pretty stoked. Wish me luck! I am excited for the rest of the week too. Birthday on Thursday, then party Friday night and General Conference this weekend. And pretty sure we're going to go see the new Captain America movie this weekend as well. Mmm! I can't wait! Birthdays are the best!

No comments: