Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bait Suci

Yesterday morning I was invited to come in and interview for an Interior Designer position in Phoenix. My interview was at 9 am over in Phoenix. I made it there early(it was touch and go there for a minute, traffic wasn't too crazy, but I passed the building and had to go around the block haha) The showroom was in a little disarray as they're changing up the entry. It seemed like a nice place, and everyone was nice. I thought my interview went well, and I should know in the next couple of days if I'm getting a second interview.

After my interview was over Kneaders was calling my name. I have been craving it for months. 1: I have only been there once and loved it and 2: We found a Kneaders here when my friend was looking at houses nearby... and every since then I couldn't get it out of my mind. Finally my time had come!

Cinnamon French Toast *Heaven*
 It was soo busy! I was lucky to get a table. My original plan was to stay and read for a bit, but it was super loud and busy in there so I just ate(savoring the amazing cinnamon syrup) and then popped in to Deseret Book. It was like being back in Utah. 

Probably the best part of my day was going to the Gilbert Temple Open House!



It was absolutely stunning. The attention to detail was astounding. Paintings, murals, fantastic glass windows and mosaics, and not to forget the stunning chandeliers in the Celestial room and Sealing rooms. I was in the back of the tour group so I got to chat with our darling Usher, it was fun to hear her insights into the details and her stories of people she'd met on the tours. 

I love going to temples, but this one is my new favorite. Such care and thought went into every inch of this temple. Honestly, I can see my self getting married here one day. Most girls have *their temple* that they've always wanted to get married in, but I never have. We've moved around so much that I wasn't too attached to any one temple. I received my Endowments in the Ogden, UT temple, which should be finished this year as well. (It was closed and essentially torn down and rebuilt in the renovation. So I'm excited to see it reopened!)  This temple definitely resonated with me. We shall see what the future brings!

Design-wise it is stunning, and the designer in me loves it... but there is a special spirit there for sure. If you haven't been yet, and are able I strongly recommend you go. You can get tickets, but you don't need them. It is super easy to get there, and you won't regret going. 

No comments: