So for the first time ...ever.... I have worked over the Christmas break. (Although can I still call it Christmas break when I don't have school next week??) Anyway, I have been keeping busy - today I was reminded why I like working at the VA in SLC....
Here's the scenario: I needed to deliver three chairs and a keyboard tray - one chair and the keyboard tray to B.4 and the other two to B.14. Easy enough right? Well they were all stored together in a different building so that meant I got to push the chairs all around the VA Campus. It was the perfect day for it!
I got the best comments! Here are my favorites:
"I have never seen a person taking a chair for a walk before!"
Patron: "Wait! You forgot the person!"
Me: "What?! Dang it!"
Patron: "Can I ask you a personal question?"
Me: "Sure!"
Patron: "I have seen you two or three times pushing a chair around... is it for your back?"
Me: "Ha, nope I am delivering the chairs!"
"I have seen people walking with canes or walkers, but never a chair!"
I found this picture and thought it was funny. Imagine me in a cute shirt and jeans instead of a skirt suit and there you go. That is almost the same chair I was delivering!
Well that experience totally made my day. It was really funny! Other highlights from today included making progress on my organization project, and getting another chair repaired!
In other news, I saw the sun rise on the way to work, and saw it set on the way home. The colors were really pretty. : )
Confession: I sing along to the radio when I drive somewhere by myself. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment